Living in a Growth Mindset

Companies come out with new products all the time, but that doesn't mean they stop working on and developing those products. The newly released product is the best version at that time. When companies stop developing and improving on it, that is when that product begins to get outdate and lose value.


Life doesn't get better by chance, it gets better by change. No one can go back and make a new beginning but anyone can change and make a new ending. 

- Jim Rohn


I believe that today I am the best version of myself. But, tomorrow, tomorrow I will work to be an even better version of myself. Never will I be a finished product, because there is always something I can improve on. That doesn't mean that I'm not happy with where I am right now in this moment. I take time on a daily basis to reflect. By reflecting I have an opportunity to celebrate my successes and the growth that I have already made, and also find things that I can do better in the future - opportunities for new growth.


As educators our work is never done. Each school year has a definite beginning and a definite ending, but the students we teach will continue to learn and grow and as educators so should we. I sometimes think back about the teachers and learning experiences I had. My teachers made the most of resources that were available to them. But, if my son had the same education that I had I would be disappointed. The world has changed since I was 10, and the world will continue to change and be totally different when my grandchildren are 10. School should prepare students for the world they are going to live in, not for the world that it was, or even the world as it is right this moment. That is why I believe it is essential that all educators live in a growth mindset. Growing requires reflection, risk-taking, and action. This isn't always easy and it can be downright uncomfortable at times, but believe me it makes a world of difference for our students, our world, and ourselves.


If we teach today as we taught yesterday we rob our children of tomorrow. 

- John Dewey


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yeah Butters

How I Got Here & Paying It Forward

Clicking Publish