A Love Letter to ISTE

To My Dearest ISTE,

I can still remember the first time we met, it was in beautiful Denver. I came to you not really knowing what to expect, I had no idea all that you would someday give me. That first week together I tried to attend every session you offered, I sat and learned at every session I possibly could and I'm pretty sure my brain grew three sizes that week (kind of like the Grinch's heart). While I was in Denver a friend, +Daniel Rezac, introduced me to twitter which has opened up the world so much. Without you, ISTE, I may have never known the power it can hold. Sadly we parted ways after five wonderful days together, hopeful to see each other soon.

It took us a couple years to to be in the same place at the same time, but when we were together in San Diego it was magical. I got to see a different side of you. I learned that you spent your days learning and your nights celebrating. We are two peas in a pod. I had the time of my life just being there with you learning and celebrating. Our time together ended all too quickly, but I was determined to see you again and it happened in San Antonio a whole year later.

This past week we connected yet again in Atlanta. This time though I came to you wanting to take our relationship in a different direction. I still wanted to learn and celebrate, but this time it was my goal to connect with your other friends and introduce you to some of my friends that had never met you and some who had. Let me just say, you have some pretty great friends. I spent some of our time together attending sessions where I learned some new things. But, I spent a lot more time connecting with others. Now I can continue to learn with these new connections throughout the year. I am so grateful to you for these introductions.

I can officially say that I am in love with you ISTE! You have a special way of bringing people together. You are always helping me grow professionally and personally. I am better because I have met you. I cannot wait to see you next year in Philadelphia.

With love,
Amanda

Comments

  1. I am so happy for you! Great conferences have such a deep and wonderful impact on us and so much power! I love you love letter and hope that it will be a forever kind of love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post, Amanda! I used your tweet linking to this in a Storify I am building for ICE. It's not complete, but will send you the link when it is. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Yeah Butters

How I Got Here & Paying It Forward

Clicking Publish